The Day The Music Died

Posted by Nerdyy


I met a girl who sang the blues
And I asked her for some happy news
But she just smiled and turned away

I went down to the sacred store
Where I'd heard the music years before
But the man there said the music wouldn't play

And in the streets the children screamed
The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed
But not a word was spoken
The church bells all were broken

And the three men I admire most
The Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost
They caught the last train for the coast
The day the music died





Jan 20 2017

We feel we are at an inflexion point - just dont know what things will be in the future. But I am at peace with my decision - I've thought about it for a while and now it's time - The last 8 years have been great and I am definitely NOT looking forward to the next 4. For now I am exhausted and need a break - I doubt if I'm ever coming back to this forum but stranger things have happened. In the words of the late Ted Kennedy "the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die."

3 comments:

  1. Hi everybody! Back to the original handle. Is this thing still on? M and I are off on a quick vacation, then we’ll get back to work.

    ReplyDelete