Woh Kagaz ki Kashti - Chitra and Jagjit Singh

Posted by Nerdyy

Every once so often I will have this craving for music - while I'm driving. This can turn out to be a somewhat unsafe endeavor, it is not easy to choose a "manpasand" album from among the many CDs I have in my car without causing an accident! Thus, for a while now, I just tend to pull out some album any album and insert it in my player. There is that anticipation between the time I put it in to the time it starts playing - What will it be?

Last week I inserted a CD of Jagjit/Chitra ghazals, and it's been a while since I have listened to these songs. I was completely mesmerized, and here are a few of them (one at a time obviously). The first one, memories of a nicer time in the past!


yeh daulat bhi lelo yeh shohrat bhi lelo
bhale chheen lo mujhse meri jawaani
magar mujhko lauta do bachpan ka saawan
woh kaagaz ki kashti woh baarish ka paani

0 footnotes: