Main Hoon Don - Don (1978)

Posted by Nerdyy

One of Amitabh's best roles, Don is the story of a crime boss who is injured in a shootout with the police, and later dies. This fact is only known to a few of the cops, and one day they chance upon an exact look alike who sings on the streets. This "imposter" is then trained and "rescued" by the original Don's gang, with the intention of catching the gang in action. In my first post I had talked of Kya Hua Tera Wada being the song that hooked me onto hindi songs - this song was the next song that I was completely crazy about :D

And yes - Shah Rukh Khan was a piss poor substitute as Don :P


4 comments:

  1. I preferred the remade Don album better :P But that's just me and my fondness for the techno trance input :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes :P altho they butchered this song (accdn to me ) ... and udit narayan singing a kishore kumar song (khaike paan banaraswala) ... umm NO :D

      Delete
  2. The song remake was way better :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. umm this was my second favorite song as a child so ummm NO :)

      Delete