Recapping The Day

Posted by Nerdyy

Well that was a day full of interesting experiences - I had to go downtown for a conference, so I decided to hop on the train for a change rather than my car - its just a hassle parking downtown. The Chicago trains in the city are called the "L" for elevated because a lot of them are on elevated tracks. There is also the suburban commuter train the Metra - but I was taking the L specifically the Red Line. I spent my time people watching rather than listening to (or dancing to) music - just because it was something different that I dont get to do everyday. There was also a dinner at the Federal Reserve Bank that I had to go to - so I took this interesting picture of the money dome in the Fed - it's a million dollars in 20 dollar bills :D


On the way back just to give myself some diverse experience I took the bus back instead of the train. It was a different people watching experience as I got to watch all the activity taking place on a gorgeous Spring evening - people getting home from work, couples taking romantic strolls, fat big bellied people coming out of a steakhouse feeling like they are on top of the world after consuming a pound of beef :P .... and the bars were packed because tonight was Game 7 of the Western Conference semifinals Blackhawks versus Red Wings at the United Center, Chicago.





How fitting that the last Western Conference Playoff game ever between these two bitter rivals and members of the original six (Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, Boston Bruins and New York Rangers are the other four) turned into an absolute barn burner. Next year the Red Wings move to the Eastern Conference, so the only way these two teams can meet in the playoff is in the Stanley Cup Finals. Chicago scored in the 2nd period, Detroit equalized at the start of the 3rd, Chicago scored what would have been the game winner in the last minute of the game only to have it nullified because of offsetting penalties (:blink). Overtime it was and the first goal wins - 3:35 into the first overtime Chicago scored the sudden death goal :D. Next up for the Blackhawks - the LA Kings. To summarize the feelings of every Chicagoan for the hated Detroit Red Wings

NA NA NA NA
NA NA NA NA
HEY HEY HEY
GOODBYE

All in all a very interesting day capped off by an incredible playoff hockey game :D

6 comments:

  1. Staring at people in transit is one of my fave things to do :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i did it after a LONG time yesterday :P ... doing the same today :D

      Delete
  2. Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey goodbye million buckaroos :P

    Good job nerdyy getting inside shot :smoke now layla and I will take care of the rest. She is digging the tunnel under the Fed as I type :smoke strong muscles she has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well she lost her way and went to the chinese restaurant to have chicken :D

      Delete
  3. *Looks around confused *

    By the time I get my lazy self to comment on your posts Guru ji, there are like 10 more :P

    Seems like a good day you had there :)

    ReplyDelete