Ae Sakhi Radhikey - Jurmana (1979)

Posted by Nerdyy

I'm not sure which Raag this is based on - but what a beautiful composition - ustaadji teaching songs :P


The song was earlier sung by R. D Burman in bengali - beautiful song - for anyone that ever thought that he was deficient in Hindustani music - this song should put a rest to that thought


bolo ki aache go tomari aankhitey (tell me what is in your eyes)
ami parina mon bandhiya rakhitey (i cannot keep my heart tied down)

This (Bengali) song was also sung brilliantly by Shreya Ghoshal


8 comments:

  1. *kicks miss lmk* i posted the shreya version just for you :O u didnt like it ? .. i thot the whole idea of learning frm an ustadji all the way thru r d burman to shreya made for an intersting subliminal story :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no...I gotta listen to the Shreya one tonight (when I can do so aaram se) :D

      Delete
  2. MY GOD. I am soooo going to listen to more Bengali songs by Shreya from now on!! O_O WOWwww. Her singing bong is a different experience of hearing Shreya :O :D I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love it better than Lata's rendition (Well. Ok...no surprise there for you, I'd guess.)

      Delete
    2. and r d is surprisingly good as a singer :D

      Delete
  3. bolo ki ache go ::blink like alwayssssss im confused n speechless ::mellow

    ReplyDelete