Bada Natkhat Hai Yeh - Amar Prem (1972)

Posted by Nerdyy

Based on Raag Khamaj, this song was the obscure Amar Prem song that got lost among its significantly more popular popular brethren :D Amar Prem in my mind was one of the best R D Burman compositions of all time - and one of the best Bollywood albums of all time - how he never even got nominated for the Filmfare Awards will always flummox me :D (FYI the nominees were Pakeezah - Ghulam Mohammed, Shor - Laxmikant Pyarelal and Be-Imaan - Shankar Jaikishan (wtf) - with the winner being Shankar Jaikishan - of course why am I surprised. Also the year after this, they increased the nominations to 5)


18 comments:

  1. :O Oho another vivid song right out of my memory-lane. I didn't think it was obscure though :/ was pretty popular in my part of da world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beimaan raked up Filmfare awards like crazy. Beimaan is actually one of those few movies I remember having watched. But I still recall THIS song more vividly than songs from Beimaan..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know it wasnt a very good movie and i only rememba jai bolo beimaan ke

      Delete
    2. manoj kumar of course :sleep

      Delete
    3. Goes without saying. ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh, and this song swings me right into 'Mere toh giridhar gopal' (same raag)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. laylaa: i go away for a couple of months and twinnu and laddooh start talking about raags and songs in bengali :blink

      Delete
    2. lolziezzz EGGJACKLY!!! im shocked

      Delete
    3. dont be shocked bebeeeeeeeeeeee, tu hai meri raag bhaageshri :smoke

      Delete
    4. whats a song with that raag :blink

      Delete
    5. ghunghat ke pat naaaaaaaaaa khole re
      radha na bole na bole na bole re :P

      Delete
    6. toone o rangeele kaise jadoo kiya
      piya piya bole matwale jiya

      Delete
    7. Hain.. darbari is... tora man darpan kahlayeee

      Delete
    8. One of my fav raags and songs.

      Delete