This Land is Your Land - Pete Seeger, Bruce Springsteen and Tao Rodriguez Seeger

Posted by Nerdyy

My favorite song about my adopted homeland, this was performed at the Inauguration Festivities for Barack Obama in January 2009 before his first term began. I cannot think of a more appropriate song, a more appropriate occasion for the song, and a more appropriate setting (in front of the Lincoln Memorial, with the statue of Abraham Lincoln looking on) to live out the the first few words of the Constitution of the United States "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union" .... the quest for that more perfect union continues :D


Also appropriate for the occasion, you see royalty and commoners mingling together in the vast sea of humanity - yes that is George Lucas(among others) along with hundreds of thousands of other people singing along :D

this land is your land
this land is my land
from California to the New York Island
from the redwood forest to the gulfstream waters
this land was made for you and me :)

3 comments:

  1. When I saw the title of your post, I automatically started singing in my head:

    This land is your land this land is my land.
    From Bonavista to Vancouver Island
    From the Arctic Circle to the Great Lake waters
    This land was made for you and me.


    :D childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (This song and "It's a Small World Afterall" are two of a few we had to sing every day in school when I was still a wee kindergarten child.)

      Delete